WATER & SEWAGE DAMAGE REQUIRES SWIFT ACTION
Our professionals are ready to respond promptly in the event of water or sewage damage. We will make sure any excess water and sewage are cleaned up and taken care of quickly. We are able to expedite the water removal process with our three truck-mounted water extraction units and carpet cleaning vans.
Here at Advanced Restoration Group, we realize that a fast response is vital to minimizing loss to property and assets. We take pride in making sure your property is clean, dry, and sanitary before we leave. Depending on the type of damage, we will use high-power dehumidifiers, commercial blowers, truck mounted steam cleaning systems and extraction units to make sure that any bacteria or mold will not form from the water damage. We offer a wide array of restoration services.
CALL 413.527.FIRE – 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU DISCOVER WATER OR SEWAGE DAMAGE
- Call your agent to report the claim.
- Call Advanced Restoration Group to help with cleanup and protection of your assets from further damage.
- Make sure the property is safe prior to entry.
- Take photos of damaged areas you can access.
- Inventory damaged and/or lost items with referencing receipts and photos to help determine their value.
- Consult an electrician to determine whether it’s safe to turn on the utilities.
- Protect your health by boiling water, disinfecting items that were possibly contaminated by floodwaters, and drying out contents to prevent mold.
WHAT TO DO DURING A FLOOD
- Turn off the power if you are instructed to do so by emergency authorities.
- Go to higher ground or areas not subject to flooding.
- Do not walk or navigate in flooded areas.
- Make sure you and your family are safe.
HOW TO PREPARE BEFORE DISASTER STRIKES
- Be organized. Keep a file (protected from water exposure in a safe place, like a safe-deposit box) that contains a copy of your flood policy if you have one, your agent contact information, and an inventory of receipts and photos or a video of each room.
- Discuss with your insurance agent if flood insurance is appropriate for you.
- Make sure your mechanical systems work and are protected. Invest in a sump pump for the lowest elevation prone to flooding and consider installing a battery-operated backup in the event of a power failure.
- Clear your gutters so water gets moved away from your foundation. Protect fuel tanks, appliances, and the furnace by elevating them a foot off the ground floor.